This research will identify the key features of successful and promising personalising learning strategies, supported by exemplars of excellent practice. The project seeks to respond to the following questions:
- What are the key characteristics of excellent and successful personalised learning experiences through the use of digital technologies?
- In what ways does the use of technology in personalised learning settings affect learner experiences?
- What kinds of impact have resulted from the use of technology to improve learner outcomes, particularly where learners' preferences have been clearly taken into account?
- Which environmental factors have contributed to the success of particular strategies in particular contexts?
- How can the key elements for successful personalising of learning be realised by other institutions and practitioners?
- What are the barriers to the take-up of personalised learning opportunities?
- Which kinds of CPD are appropriate to supporting increased practitioner confidence in the use of digital technologies?
- What are the opportunities for the future, particularly in relation to transformation of the workforce, learners and institutions?
Fieldwork completed in December 2007.