Page specific navigation
For all enquiries and information call us on: 0845 600 3178
Forms and guidance for applications and using RPTS services ...
News, events and announcements from RPTS ...
Mediation is a process where parties are assisted by a trained mediator to reach agreement on issues in dispute. For the last 4 years RPTS has been using mediation to resolve service charge disputes. The parties have reached agreement in over 60% of cases that have been referred to mediation.
Immediately before your pre-trial review you may be invited to spend a few minutes with trained students from BPP Law School who will explain how mediation works. They will help you decide if mediation may be appropriate in your case. If it is they will provide you with details of their free mediation friends scheme that provides support to those going through the mediation process. In their absence details of their scheme can be obtained from your case officer.
Mediation offers the following advantages:
- COST EFFECTIVE – no hearing fee is payable
- QUICK – mediation does not involve the preparation of large bundles and mediation sessions are listed more quickly than hearings
- PRIVATE – the process is totally confidential and completely within the control of those in dispute
- WIN/WIN – mediation arrives at a solution suggested by the participants, one that is acceptable to both sides, unlike arbitration or litigation
- POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS – mediation frequently enables an ongoing positive relationship between the participants