- Am I a qualifying tenant for lease extension?
- I want to alter my property. Do I need to ask my landlord for permission?
- I own a leasehold house. My freeholder has gone missing. What do I do if I wish to acquire the freehold?
- Are there any circumstances in which I can legally withhold my service charge?
- What is the appointment of a manager?
- What is a Recognised Tenants Association (RTA)?
- My landlord is going to do a lot of work to my building. Does he have to consult me before the work starts?
- Am I a qualifying tenant for the purpose of right to manage (RTM)?
LEASE, The Leasehold Advisory Service, is an Executive Non Departmental Public Body (ENDPB) funded by Government to provide free legal advice to leaseholders, landlords, professional advisers, managers and others on the law affecting residential leasehold in England and Wales.
LEASE is funded by -
We can provide advice by telephone, by letter or email, or in person at the office; we can arrange seminars and group meetings where large numbers of leaseholders want to discuss a joint issue. We publish a wide range of free advice notes.
Leasehold advisers are available for telephone advice from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to write to us please include a day-time telephone number in your email or letter.
If you would like to come to our office to get advice in person please note that our advisers are very busy and we are open for visitors by appointment only. To make an appointment please telephone. Clients who come in for an appointment must bring all relevant documents (for example, their lease) otherwise we may not be able to provide advice.
LEASE is based at Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7BN. Click here for a map.
The closest stations are Warren Street, Euston Square, and Euston. The following bus routes can be used: 10, 14, 18, 24, 27, 29, 30, 73, 134, 205, 390.