This way to better streets
CABE has led a series of events on street design and has reviewed streetscape design practice in ten good examples of streets and spaces in the UK at a site scale.
Click on each to read the full case studies
- Bideford Quay, Devon (waterfront street in a seaside town);
- Temple Meads Station forecourt, Bristol (a transport interchange approach and forecourt);
- Devizes Market Square, Wiltshire (an historic market town centre with bus interchange);
- O’Connell Street, Dublin (a major urban boulevard of national significance);
- Newhall Phase 1, Harlow, Essex (a new community and network of residential streets);
- Kensington High Street, West London (a busy urban high street and arterial route);
- Hope Street, Liverpool (an iconic street of cultural significance);
- Ancoats and New Islington, Manchester (a network of streets as part of the regeneration of an urban village);
- Blackett Street and Quayside, Newcastle (a network of historic streets to serve a busy bus network);
- Maid Marian Way, Nottingham (slower design speeds around on a repaired inner-city ring road with at-grade crossings).
CABE and Urban Practitioners
with the cities of Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham and Sheffield