evidence and research
2010 will be a pivotal year for housing standards. We know from our work around the country that many local authorities are looking at setting their own standards for their local area.
We have published five research pieces about housing and space standards:
- Mapping existing housing standards describes the history and development of current standards.
- Mapping space standards for the home compares space standards commonly used in England.
- Space standards: the benefits reviews the benefits of minimum space standards for new homes.
- Dwelling size survey studies the space provided in 200 private homes in England.
- Applying housing standards looks at five housing proposals using the proposed London guidance.
We have published a supporting web resource and our emerging position is detailed in Improving the design of new housing: what role for standards?
Published on 27 May 2010