Entries will be judged on both the photo and the caption supplied. The judging panel will select a shortlist of eight entrants which will be published on our website. A single winner will be selected a week later.
What are the judging criteria?
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Composition of the photograph
- Originality of the photograph and caption
- Interpretation of the theme of "areas of outstanding urban beauty"
- How apt the caption is for the photograph.
How will the judging process work?
- A judging panel led by Brett Rogers, Director of The Photographers' Gallery and Sarah Gaventa, Director of CABE Space, will review all entries and select a shortlist based on the above criteria.
- This shortlist will be published on the CABE website and publicised by Dezeen and the Photographers' Gallery.
- We will invite comments on the shortlist from the public which the judges will take into account (although it is not a public vote).
- A week after the shortlist is published, a single winner will be selected from the shortlist by the judging panel.
Is there a prize?
Yes. The winner gets a Holga camera with two rolls of film. This chunky, plastic camera will "reawaken your vision, fill you with joy and make you see beauty when you thought it had disappeared forever". Prizes for the other shortlisted entrants will be announced shortly. The winning entry will be publicised by Dezeen and The Photographers' Gallery.