A uplifting environment for patients, staff and visitors which survived the procurement process due to a close relationship between the client and the delivery team.
The Newton Abbot Community Hospital is part of the Integrated Care Network, developed between Teignbridge Primary Care Trust and the local Acute Trust to deliver coordinated services to local communities. It combines a number of facilities:
- stroke patient care
- minor injuries unit
- new maternity unit
- physiotherapy suite including a gym and five treatment units
- pediatric unit which integrates three separate treatment services for children.
Newton Abbot Community Hospital was procured through the Private Finance Initiative (PFI).
How CABE enabling helped
- advised early on in the process to help define a brief and select the bid team
- presented to stakeholders about how design quality can be assessed and evaluated
- provided client with a design ‘language’ in which to discuss bid
- prepared a critique of all the bid proposals.