Hamro Gaun eco village is a children's home, day-care centre and vocational training facility, with social and environmental sustainability at its heart.
Stichting Veldverk The Neterlands (SVN) is an international Non-Governmental Organisation working to improve the situation of marginalised women and children within Nepali society by helping to provide:
- Vocational training and income generation.
These aims are pursued via the following strategies:
- Identifying women and children that are threatened in their basic rights and needs or are forced to live in a degrading way.
- Supporting and facilitating local, grassroots development initiatives that help those women and children, and wider society.
- Using local knowledge and social structures to develop and implement projects on the ground.
- Developing the abilities of local partner organisations and planning for the phasing out of support from SVN, to help ensure the long-term success of each initiative.
SVN works with local partners on projects in seven locations across Nepal. Hamro Gaun eco village project, in the town of Sankhu, is the biggest of those initiatives.
More about Hamro Guan eco-village: