Strategic advice on planning and placemaking
Councils and communities need to decide how they want each place to develop in the future.
This means choosing where housing and facilities should be located over the medium to long term. This requires effective leadership and plan-making. That in turn must be translated into robust and deliverable strategies for specific areas. Many different skills are required to do this.
CABE has offered:
- support to help councils develop effective investment strategies for schools and healthcare estates
- strategic planning advice on developing parks and green space networks within and across local authority boundaries
- direct support to help officers use local policies, development frameworks and masterplans to deliver improvements to a given area
- design review of large scale proposals, commenting on the fit with existing and new communities and how to improve sustainability
- advice on how your local area can minimise carbon emissions and physically adapt to the inevitable impacts of climate change.