Services Restricted Procedure Notice
Title: Transport Direct Legal Advice
1. Awarding authority: Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions (DTLR), PSD, Zone D/3, Ashdown House, St. Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN37 7GA, UK, Tel: 01424 458422, Fax: 01424 458481, Email: Anthony.Moss@dtlr.gsi.gov.uk, Contact: Anthony Moss.
2. Category of service and description, CPC reference number, quantity, options: Reference PPAD 9/120/19 (to be quoted in all communications)
CPV Reference : CPV: 74111100-1.
Legal advisory services.
Additional description: The Transport Direct programme aims to make available to the traveller all information needed before and during a journey anywhere in the UK and provide the facility to buy the associated tickets. The vision covers travel by all transport modes plus, importantly, mixture of these modes. The centrepiece of Transport Direct will be a one-stop information point for all forms of travel information. This vision will take seven to 10 years to deliver. The Government intends to take forward Transport Direct in partnership with transport operators, information specialists and technology providers.
Expressions of interest are now invited from suitably qualified organisations wishing to provide legal advice and expertise to the Transport Direct team. Any organisation(s) appointed would be expected to work with the Department's own in-house lawyers who provide advice on constitutional/administrative law, transport law, and some aspects of commercial law. Advice will be requested on a call-off basis as and when legal issues arise.
Areas where legal advice may be necessary include:
*Trade mark and entity name advice and registration
*Ownership of data, including fare, timetable and real-time databases and how that data might be used by others to offer integrated transport information
*Contractual arrangements between the different organisations party to Transport Direct, including means of protecting the interest of the UK Government.
*Entitlement to compensation for either the consumer or a transport operator,
*Creating a legal entity for Transport Direct - for example creating a hub for the contractual arrangements between participants
*Issues around the retailing of tickets
*Possible implications of competition law on Transport Direct
This list is not exhaustive.
3. Delivery to: Solution dependant
4. a) Reserved for a particular profession: No
4. b) Law, regulation or administrative provision:
4. c) Obligation to mention the names and qualifications of personnel: Not Applicable
5. Division into lots: Yes. Tenderers will be permitted to bid for all or part of the services.
6. Number of service providers which will be invited to tender: 5-20.
7. Variants: Not Applicable
8. Time limits for completion or duration of the contract, for starting or providing the service: Up to 10 years.
9. Legal form in case of group bidders: A lead partner, or single legal entity with whom the Authority can contract.
10. a) Justification for accelerated procedure:
10. b) Deadline for receipt of requests to participate: 14.11.2001.
10. c) Address: Address: As in 1.
10. d) Language(s): English
11. Final date for the despatch of invitations to tender: February 2001
12. Deposits and guarantees: Not Applicable
2 copies of the following information must be forwarded if the applicant is to be considered as a potential tenderer:
*the relevant experience and track record of the organisation having particular regard to tasks listed at 2 above. Experience in the travel information field is particularly desirable;
the number of lawyers, number of support staff and areas of expertise in the organisation;
* track record in identifying sources of specific expertise and the capability to bring that expertise into the team offered;
*experience of alternative ways of working (e.g. participating in a think-tank);
* whether any of the circumstances described in Article 29 of Directive 92/50/EEC (Regulation 14 of UK SI 1993 No. 3228) including, but not limited to, environmental issues, apply;
* full name and address of the organisation;
* a contact name (and status), telephone number, fax number and e-mail address;
* VAT registration number;
* details of Quality Assurance systems;
* any other information applicants feel might be useful to those assessing their potential;
14. Award criteria: Economically most advantageous tender in terms of price, quality, technical merit and the expertise of the company and its staff.
15. Other information: Tenders are to be priced in Sterling and payment will only be made in sterling
16. Date of publication of pre-information: N/A
17. Notice Postmarked: 08.10.2001
18. Notice received on:
19. Covered by the GPA agreement: Yes
END OF NOTICE