Services Restricted Procedure Notice
Title: Provision of a Data Capture and Analysis Facility (DCAF)
1. Awarding authority: Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions (DTLR), PSD, Zone D/3, Ashdown House, St. Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN37 7GA, UK, Tel: 01424 458495, Fax: 01424 458481, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact: Alan Devine.
2. Category of service and description, CPC reference number, quantity, options: Reference PPAD 9/99/23 (to be quoted in all communications);
CPV: 30254000-4 Information systems.
CPV: 72313000-2 Data capture services.
CPV: 72316000-3 Data analysis services.
Additional description: DTLR is implementing a Road User Charging (RUC) Research Programme in support of the 10-Year Plan and UK Government's Transport Act 2000. The on-road element of the research programme comprises a live demonstration of an interoperable end-to-end charging and telematics system known as DIRECTS. This three year programme will involve the design, fabrication and implementation of a system that will operate over a period of 12-18 months on various roads in Leeds.
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified organisations for the provision and operation of a Data Capture and Analysis Facility (DCAF) to monitor, capture and analyse dummy and live inputs and outputs from the DIRECTS Contract. The team will be expected to use standard software methodologies, integrate commercial off-the-shelf products and modify software 'on the hoof' in a trials environment. The team's duties shall include, but not be limited to:
* Reviewing the DCAF interface specifications prepared by the DIRECTS Contractor;
* Designing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, modifying and documenting a DCAF system that:
+ securely captures, stores, manages and can undertake standard analysis of key performance parameters of the DIRECTS system both real-time and cumulatively. In addition the facility should enable ad-hoc analysis of all the agreed data at any point in time (The analysis work is expected to be part of a separate contract);
+ provides an independent means of confirming the results of the DIRECTS Contractor's system and whether the subsystems and end-to-end performance of the system are meeting the contractual targets laid out by DTLR;
+ allows DTLR to perform ad-hoc reporting on the collected data, as and when required;
+ provides a project intranet site that creates a public relations medium for the DTLR and external parties;
+ provides DTLR and its representatives with timely electronic access to captured data and analyses at any remote location(s) within reason.
It is anticipated that most effort will be required in implementing the DCAF compared with the resource required for the actual operation, maintenance and provision of ad-hoc services during the DIRECTS Data Capture phases.
3. Delivery to: Details will be provided to those invited to tender.
4. a) Reserved for a particular profession: No
4. b) Law, regulation or administrative provision:
4. c) Obligation to mention the names and qualifications of personnel: Not Applicable
5. Division into lots: No. Suppliers to tender for all of the services.
6. Number of service providers which will be invited to tender: 5-6
7. Variants: No
8. Time limits for completion or duration of the contract, for starting or providing the service: Up to 3 years.
9. Legal form in case of group bidders: The group will be required to nominate a lead partner with whom the Authority can contract or form themselves into a single legal entity before the contract is awarded.
10. a) Justification for accelerated procedure:
10. b) Deadline for receipt of requests to participate: 12.11.2001 (16.00 hours (4 p.m.)).
10. c) Address: Address: As in 1.
10. d) Language(s): English
11. Final date for the despatch of invitations to tender: December 2001.
12. Deposits and guarantees: Tenderers will be advised.
13. Qualifications: 2 copies of the following information must be forwarded if the applicant is to be considered as a potential tenderer:
* whether any of the circumstances described in Article 29 of Directive 92/50/EEC (Regulation 14 of UK SI 1993 No. 3228) including, but not limited to, environmental issues, apply;
* full company name and addresses;
* a contact name (and status), telephone number, fax number and e-mail address;
* length of time trading;
* VAT registration number;
* audited accounts covering the previous financial year, showing the applicant's overall turnover, and a statement showing the turnover in respect of the service to which this contract relates. If the applicant is part of a group of companies, copies of the audited accounts covering the previous financial year are also required from the Ultimate Holding Company;
* Details of:
+ a demonstrable track record (consistent with the role outlined in 2 above) in the design, provision and operation of data capture and analysis facilities including those for the statistical analysis of trials and reporting capabilities;
+ potential methodologies (e.g. Rapid Systems Development), and of your specific experience in the design and application of methodologies for the provision and operation of DCAF type facilities;
+ demonstrable independence from the DIRECTS Contractor and provision of specific RUC solutions;
+ the organisation's average annual manpower and details of the average annual manpower employed in the provision of similar services to those described at 2 above over the previous three years;
+ the technical equipment and facilities available to the organisation for providing the services described at 2 above;
+ the organisation's quality assurance systems;
* any other information applicants feel might be useful to those assessing their potential.
14. Award criteria: Economically most advantageous tender in terms of price and technical merit including relevant experience of the company and its staff.
15. Other information: Tenders must be priced in Sterling. All payments will be made only in Sterling.
16. Date of publication of pre-information:
17. Notice Postmarked: 03.10.2001
18. Notice received on:
19. Covered by the GPA agreement: Yes
END OF NOTICE