The key responsibilities of the team are:
Building a framework for H&S related strategy and policy from relevant legislation, government policy, MOD and civilian regulations/standards and industry good practice.
These are delivered through:
• Policy Products (Policy Instructions, Practitioner Guides, Information Notes, Safety Alerts, etc)
The overarching Health and Safety strategy and policy is contained in:
• Joint Service Publication (JSP) 375 MOD Health and Safety Handbook.
Specialist advisers provide guidance on:
• The impact of new and emerging legislation.
• Changes to existing legislation and current best-practice.
• Implementation of MOD policy.
• And provide assurance to CE DE that H&S legislation and MOD policy is being implemented across the full range of DE’s activities.