What we do
We are committed to the integration of the General Register Office with Identity and Passport Service (IPS), and the progressive modernisation of the civil registration service.
Our vision remains, 'to become the trusted and preferred provider of identity services' and it supports our priorities of protecting the public and making life easier for citizens and those in the public and private sector who need to assure identity.
We will deliver our mission by focusing on:
- Customer confidence - delivering excellence in customer service
- Identity authentication - quality, integrity and security of documents and services
- Transforming identity management - promoting better identity management across government
- Unlocking staff potential - developing and motivating our staff
- Efficiency and business assurance - ensuring value for money and effective internal management controls
- Innovation and effectiveness - continuous improvement and best use of technology
A key objective is to continue to improve the integrity of the UK passport.