Disabled access to the British Embassy in Luanda
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this embassy are ken to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations, we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure quality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
• Permanent ramp access to Visa and Consular Section;
• Toilet on ground floor with accessibility to wheelchair-users or those with limited physical mobility:
• Good lighting;
• Emergency/evacuation: Evacuation is on foot leading to most of the exit points. In case of an emergency, the British Embassy security staff will be able to assist.
Access for Deaf/hard of hearing visitors
• Hearing loops are not currently available
• There are no minicom or textphones
• There are no sign language facilities
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact the receptionist at the Embassy (244 222 334 582) who will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.