Jump to content

About us - Enquiries

UK Border Agency staff in the United Kingdom cannot provide information about outstanding visa applications.  Applicants will be contacted by the relevant overseas mission when a decision has been made on the application.  Enquiries about the progress of visas should only be made in exceptional or compassionate circumstances.

Enquiries from overseas
If you are currently overseas please contact your nearest visa application centre for information. You should know that, if you contact our office in London from overseas, we will forward your enquiry to the relevant visa office overseas.

If you are already in the UK
If you are enquiring about extending the visa of someone who is already in the UK, please contact the UK Border Agency.

If you are enquiring about the progress of an appeal, you should contact the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) (IAFT).

Do I need a visa?
Use our interactive questionnaire on the home page to find out if you need a visa to come to the UK and where to apply for one.

If you wish to make a complaint about the level of service you have received, you should include as much of the information as possible listed on our complaints page. This will help us to process your enquiry more quickly. It is important that you let us know the nationality of the applicant.

How to contact us

If your enquiry has not been resolved by the information available on this website, you can contact us, using the options below:

In writing:
Visa Customer Services
Visa Services Directorate
International Group UKBA
c/o Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

By email:
Use our electronic form to email us your enquiry

By fax:
0870 336 9240

More information

How to make a complaint

How to make a complaint using our Complaints Registration Form

Share this with: