In this section you will find further information on the Standard to help you decide if it's right for your organisation. Below you will find benefits and FAQs.
Benefits of the Standard
The Training Quality Standard can help your university to;
- Create a competitive advantage
- Challenge misconceptions of university provision
- Enhance reputation as a provider of employer responsive provision
Successfully achieving Certification will help a university to:
- Stand out and compete with providers offering employers similar vocational provision and short courses
- Demonstrate flexible, bespoke training solutions for employers; recent research has found that employers perceive universities to not offer flexible solutions (Beyond Known Unknowns)
In addition to the benefits of certification, your university can benefit from the Training Quality Standard just by applying for it. It can help:
- Streamline, test and improve employer-facing processes through the detailed feedback report, highlighting both your strengths and areas for improvement
- Internally raise awareness of employer responsiveness and consolidate the different services being offered to employers through different faculties
- Ensure that processes are robust and sustainable in line with HEFCE’s priority to ‘build capacity for employer engagement’.
Learn the answers to some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by universities regarding TQS here.
You can read some hints and tips about around applying for the TQS here.