In this section you will find further information on the Standard that is specific to employers. Below you will find benefits, FAQs and guidance.
Benefits of the Standard
“The Training Quality Standard for Employers assessment framework is both robust and challenging. High standards of performance are required to meet the criteria; excellence is the clear objective"
BMW Group Academy UK
Application for the Training Quality Standard for Employers is designed to be of benefit to all organisations, public or private, where there is a commitment to:
- achieving the highest standards in delivery of training and development solutions for customers
- demonstrating expertise in meeting the needs of corporate aims and objectives through the development and delivery of product, and;
- continuously improve, learn, and innovate.
There are benefits to organisations both in the application process and in achieving certification against the Training Quality Standard for Employers.
Applying for the Training Quality Standard for Employers will help your organisation by:
- offering a basis for business development: the framework provides a structure to test whether the processes used by your training department elicit the desired results in delivering training and development solutions to other parts of the organisation
- providing you with a detailed Feedback Report of your training department’s current performance, which can be used as a benchmark for continuous improvement
- offering a robust, independent view of your achievements in terms of quality, capability and performance, which identifies how far your investment in training is meeting the needs of the organisation’s wider objectives
- enhancing customer relationships: getting detailed feedback from your customers will highlight the areas of your service they are impressed with and equally areas that they think are not so good.
Certification for the Training Quality Standard for Employers will help your organisation by:
- demonstrating to your customers, the wider organisation, business partners and competitors your competence and added value in delivering training and development solutions
- demonstrating your responsiveness and expertise within the training sector
- raising the profile and enhancing the reputation of your training function within the organisation
- demonstrating your progression, achievement, and commitment to continuous improvement to your employees and other stakeholders
- providing you with a tool to aid in recruitment and retention.
- Read about how to apply here.
- Read about further reported benefits in a case study from a Certificated employer here.
Please follow the above link to see a set of questions that are frequently asked by employers.
Please follow the above link to see hints and tips for employers.