(Lead) Policy Adviser - NESTA (Permanent, Fixed-term or Secondment Opportunity)
Summary Information for vacancy - reference WIGNESTA06
Whitehall and Industry Group
£33000 - £50000 Per Annum
1 Plough Place, London EC4A 1DE, City of Westminster, Greater London, London
06 December 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
The role is being offered as either Lead Policy Adviser (for experienced policy and research professionals) or in a supporting capacity as Policy Adviser.
Based on the candidate’s experience, they will either lead or assist in providing research advice on public and social innovation, by undertaking research and analysis, and managing discrete pieces of work under the supervision of the Director, Social Innovation.
Bringing their knowledge and experience of conducting quantitative research, the candidate will apply their skills to NESTA’s analysis of public and social innovation, and help to structure and manage a range of quantitative research programmes to be carried out by NESTA’s external research partners.
They will also work intensively with NESTA’s ‘Public Service Innovation Lab’ and practical programmes outside NESTA to draw out learnings and incorporate them into the work of the Policy & Research Team.
- Successful track record of conducting quantitative analysis to understand real-world problems;
- Experience and understanding of the social and/or public sector, ideally in the UK;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with proven ability to manage workload between shorter term pieces of work, such as NESTA policy briefings and longer term pieces of research;
- (for the Lead Policy Adviser position:) Experience of designing, planning, and managing programmes of research or analysis;
- Excellent writing skills, and ability to present analytical and research material in an articulate and legible way;
- Strong ability to communicate with external stakeholders, both to get projects done and to diffuse the lessons from NESTA’s research;
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject and experience of a research or policy environment is a strong advantage.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
• A covering letter (No more than a one side of A4); CV and an equal opportunities form to email@example.com.
• Compilation of a short-list after the closing date from applications received;
• If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact
Bimal Karaji at WIG on 020 7222 1166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
181110114655_Nesta EO Form_WIG.doc
181110114545_WIG brief - (Lead) Policy Adviser.pdf