The Singleton report
Keeping our school safe
Sir Roger Singleton, as Chair of the Independent Safeguarding Authority, has led a review of safeguarding arrangements in independent schools, non-maintained special schools and all boarding schools in England.
The purpose of the review was to examine the practical operation of the current statutory and non-statutory safeguarding arrangements that apply to these schools, and to make any recommendations where practice could usefully be improved. The Government has accepted all Sir Roger Singleton's recommendations and published a full response on 6 May 2009 setting out implementation plans.
You can read or download:
- the full report: Keeping our school safe
- the press notice, which outlines the Government's acceptance of the review's findings
- Written Ministerial Statements (Lords and Commons)
- the Secretary of State's letter to Sir Roger Singleton
- the Government's response.
Last updated: 05 November 2009