This is an interim report that has been published as part of the primary review.
The report surveys published research and other evidence on the following:
- Regulation of the field: legislation, policy and practice
- The prevalence of children with special educational needs (SEN)
- Attitudes, discrimination and bias
- Support for children with special educational needs
- Approaches to teaching
- Collaborative and multi-agency working
- SEN and exclusion
- Evaluating provision
The report notes that this is a highly contested and convoluted area involving strong pressure groups and government initiatives.
This report is reviewed on the TTRB SEN Sub portal.
Article Id : 14114
Date Posted: 10/3/2008