The TTRB Consortium
TTRB is supported by TDA and Microsoft
The Teacher Training Resource Bank (TTRB) was officially launched in April 2006 following extensive consultation with the sector and aims to:
- Make the Initial Teacher Education (ITE) professional knowledge base more easily accessible;
- Reference effective practices in all subject areas and across phases;
- Increase the quality and range of ITE resources available;
- Raise the status of ITE research and knowledge;
- Promote and effect change by supporting tested knowledge transfer and adoption strategies;
- Provide a personalised support service for teacher educators and those training to teach.
The success and continued development of the TTRB relies on the engagement of colleagues from across the sector to:
- Suggest resources for inclusion on the site;
- Review resources for publication on the TTRB, for which a fee is paid;
- Provide feedback on the site;
- Encourage the use of the site by colleagues and trainees.
For more information about how to become involved please see the 'Contribute' section.
The project team can be contacted via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The TTRB is managed and run by a consortium of 4 partners from the education and ICT sectors:
Canterbury Christ Church University
The Institute of Education
The British Education Index, University of Leeds
The consortium is supported by the Training and Development Agency for Schools.
The E-librarian service has been generously supported by the Microsoft Partners in Learning initiative.
Homepage images have been sourced from www.corbis.com, www.gettyimages.com and www.punchstock.co.uk.
Article Id : 14716
Date Posted: 7/8/2008