- The revised standards apply to all of those who begin their training for QTS on or after 1 September 2007.
- Trainees falling into one of the categories below may be assessed against the QTS standards contained in Qualifying to Teach, or against the current revised QTS standards, at the provider’s discretion:
i) those who began the final year of a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree on or after 1 September 2007
ii) those on part-time postgraduate programmes that started before 1 September 2007
iii) those trainees whose programmes were due to finish before 1 September 2007 but have been extended due to:
- failure and the need to repeat an aspect of training (including the skills tests)
- switching from full-time to part-time training, or
- a decision by the ITT provider to allow trainees to complete any aspect of the programme at a later date, for example, trainees taking a year out of their training.
iv) those on an employment-based teacher training scheme who started training before 1 September 2007.