What's on this page:
- What is MI?
- What reports will MI contain when it launches?
- How do I access MI?
- Who can access MI?
- MI launch plans
MI is a secure web-based management information (MI) tool that allows the LSC to share with individual providers financial statements relating to their LSC Contract(s).
When MI is launched it will contain the following financial statement reports:
- Civil financial statement
- Criminal financial statement
- Financial statement summary
For further information on the financial statement, please go the Financial statements page.
MI is accessed through the LSC Online Portal.
This is a secure single sign-on portal, which means that when providers type their individual LSC Online user name and password in, they can only access reports relating to their firm’s contract(s).
- LSC Firm Manager
- LSC Office Manager
- Where a provider has multiple offices, the LSC Firm Manager user role will be able to view the financial statements of all offices within the entire organisation. However you will need to ensure any users with the Firm Manager role do not have any office level restrictions applied within LSC Online
- If an office level restriction is applied to users with the LSC Office Manager role they will only be able to view financial statements relating to the office(s) they are associated with in LSC Online
- To ensure only the appropriate individuals within your organisation have access to the MI and financial statements, we strongly recommend that your LSC System Administrator check the current access rights (including roles and all office level restrictions) of all your organisation’s registered users
- Please note that cost draftsmen or any third parties with the above user roles registered to your organisation will have access to your financial information
- If you do not want them to have access to your financial statements, ask your LSC Firm System Administrator to remove the LSC Firm Manager and LSC Office Manager user roles from them
- We would also like to remind you of the importance of removing any users who no longer work for your organisation. If you do not remove a user once they have stopped working for your organisation they may still be able to access confidential information.
- For more information about LSC Online user roles and how to set-up, disable a user role or remove a user from LSC Online, please see the guidance on the Using CWA page.
We are planning to launch MI using a wave approach taking the location of the providers' lead office as indication of the providers' region.
Release dates are outlined in the table below:
|Wave 3||29/07/2010||Nottingham/Birmingham/South Tyneside||Successful|
|Wave 5||TBC||All remaining providers|
Information on how to access and view MI and information on the content and data provided within the three financial statements, is in the following user guides available on the User guides page:
- A detailed user guide
- Quick guide
These user guides will provide information on:
- How to access financial statements by office and firm
- What data is contained within the statements
- How to print and download statements
The following support will be available:
Technical queries(e.g. accessing, downloading or printing the financial statement)
- Please phone LSC Online Support on 020 7718 8359 or email LSC Online Support
Data queries(e.g. relating to values contained within the financial statements)
- Please email the Reconciliation Team.
Last updated: 30 September 2010