Can't find what you're looking for?
On this page:
- How information on this website is organised
- How do I know when this website has been updated?
- How to search this website
- Using the sitemap
- Using the document archive
- What to do if you still can’t find what you are looking for
The LSC’s website is divided into four sections:
- About us: information about the LSC as an organisation, including our regional network, history, vacancies and newsroom.
- About legal aid: information on how the system works, how to get legal aid and how to work in it.
- CLS: how we are running the civil legal aid scheme, containing some resources specifically for service providers such as forms, contracts, legislation and guidance.
- CDS: how we are running the criminal legal aid scheme, containing some resources specifically for service providers such as forms, contracts, legislation and guidance.
We usually notify people about key updates to our website on one of the following three pages:
- What’s New: contains our corporate announcements, including policy reforms and new consultation announcements
- CLS News & Updates: contains news and updates for service providers working within the Community Legal Service (CLS)
- CDS News & Updates: contains news and updates for service providers working within the Community Legal Service (CDS).
By checking these pages regularly, you can ensure you are seeing our latest information.
If you are a provider, you should receive an LSC Update email once a fortnight from us. This will direct you to any recently added news and updates.
You can also use RSS (Really Simple Syndication) to subscribe to pages of interest and quickly check for any updates.
Our search engine will bring back a list of pages and documents around a specific topic. For example, a search for 'unified contract' brings up the following documents on the site:
- Original consultation
- key pages from the Unified Contract section
- Unified Contract documentation.
Our sitemap lists every page on this website.
The sitemap is useful when used with your web browser’s search tool.
If you press Control+F in Internet Explorer and search for ‘preferred supplier’, this will take you to the link to the Preferred Supplier page.
The document archive contains documents that have been superseded but we have retained on our website in case people may find them useful.
Please note the archive contains selected documents, and is not meant to be a comprehensive index of every document published by the LSC.
These include closed consultation papers, back issues of our Focus newsletter, or corporate publications from previous years.
The archive is divided into the following sections:
- News and Publications
- Community Legal Service
- Criminal Defence Service
- About the Commission
- Statutory material
- Quality Mark
- Regional information
- Legal Aid Board Archive
What to do if you still can't find what you are looking for
If, after trying the above methods, you still can't find what you are looking for, please contact us. Your enquiry will be passed to the relevant department.
Last updated: 16 January 2009