Service Delivery Manager – Worldwide Telephony & Networks, Information & Technology Directorate
Summary Information for vacancy - reference FCO/ITD2
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, South East
17 November 2010
01 December 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
As a Service Delivery Manager, your prime role will be to manage the relationship with key personnel from the outsourced telecoms and network suppliers to ensure they provide the services in line with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that they undertake agreed and appropriate Service Improvement programmes.
You will also work with the users of the services to understand the changes that may be required to the services and have a continued involvement with those that are approved for implementation.
The FCO have outsourced their IT delivery to several service providers who between them provide support for the Worldwide Telephony and Networks implemented in our embassies, high commissions and consulates across the world.
We need a high-performing Service Delivery Manager to ensure that the services we receive are maintained to a high standard.
Duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that the service providers actively plan service improvements and that these plans are carried through to fruition
- Gathering data, analysis, and feedback on the end user experience of the service and providing this feedback to both FCO Senior Management and the service providers
- Throughout your three years, investigate the evolving requirements of the FCO in regard to the service and ensure that these evolving requirements are reflected by changes requested to the service. You will ensure that the FCO and service providers progress the assessment of such changes and take an overall responsibility for the effective implementation of such services
- Maintain a full understanding of the financial profile of the services and report on the financial status of the service to FCO Senior Management monthly
- You will actively maintain Risk and Issues registers for the service
- You will provide FCO Senior Management with a full report on the status of the service every month
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - Yes
How to apply
For further information and to apply, please visit the Hudsons Recruitment website.