Yesterday I released updates for three of the four Redland packages:
- Rasqal RDF Query Library (rasqal) 0.9.16
- Redland RDF API Library (redland) 1.0.8
- Redland RDF Language bindings (redland-bindings) 22.214.171.124
This is a major release due to an ABI/API change in Rasqal that is needed for the future. It only makes sense to upgrade all of these at the same time since they form a dependency chain. So rather than three announcements, I made one and shipped Fedora Cora 7 RPMs and Debian deb binaries too.
I also released a new version of the fourth package: Raptor RDF Parser and Serializer Library (raptor) 1.4.18 a few weeks ago with new RDFa parser and atom-triples serializer, but that’s independent (details below). Yesterday I added FC7 RPMs.
The individual package release notes are as follows:
- Rasqal RDF Query Library 0.9.16
WARNING: ABI AND API CHANGED in this release. Rasqal 0.9.16 is incompatible with 0.9.15.
- Added a rasqal_world object used for all constructor functions
- Removed deprecated functions and macros
- Fixed some memory leaks and made some low-memory resilience fixes
- Query result sets can be read/written from sparql XML results format
- Improved error syntax error reporting
See the Rasqal 0.9.16 Release Notes for the full details of the changes.
- Redland RDF Library 1.0.8
- Updated to use Rasqal 0.9.16 (from 0.9.15)
- Updated to use Raptor 1.4.18 (from 1.4.16)
- Added a ‘trees’ indexed in-memory storage
- Improvements to low-memory and other failures of resource allocation
- API additions and changes to concepts, parser and serializer classes.
- Fixed Issue 0000256
NOTE: The next release of redland will NOT include raptor and rasqal in the tarball, they will be separate download dependencies.
See the Redland 1.0.8 Release Notes for the full details of the changes.
- Redland RDF Language Bindings Version 126.96.36.199
- Synchronise with Redland 1.0.8
- Configuration now prefers pkg-config which helps OSX linking
- Minor fixes to perl, python and ruby bindings.
See the Redland Bindings 188.8.131.52 Release Notes for the full details of the changes.
- Raptor RDF Parser and Serializer Library 1.4.18
- Added an RDFa parser using an embedded version of librdfa by Manu Sporny of Digital Bazaar.
- Added an Atom 1.0 (RFC 4287) serializer with several output parameters.
- Improved RSS 1.0 serializer functionality and resilience.
- Added new API methods for qname, serializer, sequence and XML writer classes.
- Many other fixes and resilience improvements.
- Fixed reported issues: 0000186 and 0000255.
See the Raptor 1.4.18 Release Notes for the full details of the changes.