Leeds boutique heads to Carnaby St

11/05/2010

A £75,000 Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG) loan has enabled West Yorkshire's fashion brand Aqua Couture to open a new outlet in London's iconic Carnaby Street.
The Leeds-based firm, which was established in the year 1999, won the EFG loan from The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).
Its owner, Julie Lingard, has been given the money to support the opening of a new store following a rise in demand for her own-label products.
In 2009, the Government launched a scheme to offer working capital and investment finance to small firms, and the loan forms part of the plan. The Government provides 75% of any loan, while the bank covers the remaining 25%.
Ms Lingard said: "We have established ourselves in Leeds as a strong and leading fashion brand and have a fantastic team of designers and a loyal customer base.
"Our online sales are impressive and it's clear to me that there is a desire for the Aqua brand outside of Leeds and where better to go than Carnaby Street."
Copyright © Press Association 2010