Additives and Authenticity Methodology Working Group (AAMWG)
The Additives and Authenticity Methodology Working Group evaluates research developed within the authenticity, additives, and the GM and novel foods research programmes. All programmes focus on the development of methods to enforce food legislation.
The working group plays a role in ensuring the methods are robust and provides advice on the application of the methods for Agency surveys of enforcement.
The terms of reference for the AAMWG are to:
- assess methods of analysis to be used to detect adulteration and mis-description, and comment on their applicability to specific issues and advise generally on the uncertainty and interpretation of results
- assess the applicability of methods developed in the food additives programme for use by enforcement laboratories and the Agency
- assess the applicability of methods developed in the GM and novel foods (G03) programme for use by enforcement laboratories, research laboratories and the Agency
- advise where further development work is required to improve or validate existing methods for determining food authenticity or the presence of additives
- promote information and technology transfer by encouraging enforcement authorities and industry to apply existing and new techniques, as appropriate
- consider food authenticity surveillance exercises performed by the Agency and advise on any future action needed
Government officials: 3
Food Standards Agency