The Monarchy Today > Queen and public > Anniversary messages > Wedding anniversaries
Wedding anniversaries
Anniversary messages

Unfortunately the Anniversaries Office are unable to accept applications made via courier.

Download an application form for a wedding anniversary message (pdf,313kB)

Please note, to download this file you will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Install Adobe Reader.

Find out more about applications from Australia, Canada and New Zealand

Applications from the UK
In order to receive a congratulatory message from The Queen for Diamond (60th), 65th and Platinum (70th) wedding anniversaries and every year thereafter, it is necessary to complete the form overleaf and return it to the Anniversaries Office, Buckingham Palace. Please DO NOT return the application form until three weeks before the celebration date. It is possible to receive a belated message up to six months after the event.

There is no charge for this service, but it will be essential for you to provide this office with documentary proof of the occasion as noted below in section 1 and also section 2 (if applicable):

1a) A good photocopy of the celebrants’ marriage certificate which will be returned to you. You will receive prompt acknowledgement of your application confirming that a message will be sent and returning all documents to you.

You can obtain a certified copy of the marriage certificate from the appropriate General Register Office:

England and Wales
The General Register Office
Tel. 0845 603 7788

The General Register Office
Tel. 0131 314 4488

Northern Ireland
The General Register Office
Tel. 028 9025 2000

1b) Alternatively, if you do not have a copy of the marriage certificate and do not wish to purchase one, for those married in England, Wales or Scotland, you may prefer to telephone the appropriate General Register Office (telephone numbers as above). You will need to give them the celebrants’ names, address and the date and place of the marriage and for a small fee they will verify the details in their records and pass the information directly to the Anniversaries Office. If you choose this option it is not necessary to return this form or to send a copy of the marriage certificate.

For those married in Northern Ireland you may obtain a confirmatory search letter for a small fee from the appropriate General Register Office (telephone number as above) which you should forward to the Anniversaries Office with this completed application form.

2) As it is The Queen’s custom only to send messages to citizens of one of Her Realms or UK Overseas Territories, those born or married overseas, or who currently live abroad, must provide evidence of their British nationality. This can be in the form of photocopies of the relevant pages of a current British passport.

For more information regarding anniversary messages, please visit the Anniversaries Office’s frequently asked questions section.

Applications from Australia, Canada and New Zealand
If the celebrant(s) currently reside(s) in either Australia, Canada or New Zealand, the completed application form should be sent to the relevant Governor-General, who, as The Queen's personal representative in these countries, arranges for these messages to be sent. Contact details are as follows:

Her Excellency the Governor-General
Government House
Australian Capital Territories 2600
Fax: (0061) 2 6281 3760
Web site:

Her Excellency the Governor-General
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ontario K1A 0A1
Fax: (0016) 1 3990 7636
Web site:

New Zealand
His Excellency the Governor-General
Government House
New Zealand
Fax: (006) 4 4389 5536
Web site:

Bookmark and Share

Related Images

Title goes here