The purpose of the dialogue on this website is to enable as many people as possible to submit, rate and comment on ideas on laws and regulations they would like to see removed.
We want to keep discussion as open as possible and will not attempt to exclude critical opinions. However, to protect this service from abuse, ideas and comments must satisfy some basic conditions.
You should submit your ideas and comments in good faith. In order for this dialogue to comply with the law and with the Civil Service Code, you must not include:
- party political material. This is a government website. We cannot publish party political content under the normal rules governing the Civil Service. For example, you could suggest repeal of a particular business regulation but you should not request repeal of ’the Labour Party’s business regulation’. Essentially it is advisable not to refer specifically to any political party. This does not mean you cannot raise controversial issues
- potentially libellous, false, or defamatory statements
- any commercial endorsement, promotion of any product, service or publication
- language which is offensive, intemperate, or provocative. This not only includes obvious swear words and insults, but any language to which people reading it could reasonably take offence
Please also ensure that your ideas and comments:
- are respectful of others – comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- are in English or Welsh – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
- are relevant – please don’t post messages unrelated to this channel or the subject under discussion
We reserve the right to delete ideas and comments that breach our guidelines and to suspend the ability to comment at any time.
We may remove the ability to vote or comment on:
- ideas which are nonsensical, for example a request to repeal a law or regulation that does not actually exist
- ideas that are identical to and/or overlap with an existing idea
We also reserve the right to remove an idea that suggests creating a new law, as this is outside the scope of this site. The purpose of the site is to collect ideas on what laws and regulations we can remove.
Please check existing ideas before you put submit your own. Don’t submit your idea if a similar one has already been posted, but add your comment to the original.
We will monitor and close duplicate ideas to comments and point users to the existing idea, where they can continue to add comments or ratings.
Users have the ability to flag inappropriate material. We aim to review and take action on any flagged material within two working days.
If you are aware of any content that breaches our terms and conditions please inform us using our contact form. We will again review and take action within two working days. Be aware that you may not receive a personal response.