We welcome lively discussion on this site, but ask you to please bear in mind our guidelines when submitting comments.
We’ll take all your comments and suggestions on board and publish the Government’s response to those policy areas receiving the most feedback.
We pre-moderate all comments submitted to this site.
‘Pre-moderation’ means that comments will not be published instantly; they will first be checked by moderators. Moderators will be monitoring the site between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and aim to process comments as quickly as possible.
This is not about censoring your views. The aim is to ensure the discussion is fair, inclusive, relevant and constructive. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion about the issues in the online document.
We will normally approve comments for publication as long as they:
- respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are in English – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
- are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this channel
- are not party political in nature. This site is about gathering feedback on policies, not party political point-scoring. This is a Government website and comments used for party political purposes cannot be published for propriety reasons.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time. Where we choose not to publish a comment for a reason other than those listed above, we will reply to the commenter by email explaining our reasons and inviting them to make appropriate changes so that the comment can be reconsidered.