Summary Information for vacancy - reference 169n/07/10
Her Majesty's Courts Service
Starting at £15,935 with the potential to rise to £18,529 in time Pro-rata.
ME4 4DW, Medway, Kent, South East
23 July 2010
06 August 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Fixed term contract for 12 months.
Duties may include:
1. Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
2. Producing court/tribunal documents.
3. Preparing files for court/tribunal hearings.
4. Answering queries (telephone/written correspondence/face-to-face).
5. Serving customers/court users.
6. General photocopying and filing.
7. Dealing with numerical calculations.
8. Post opening.
9. General ad hoc office duties.
5 GCSEs or equivalent including English Language at C or above, OR relevant administrative experience.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be required as the successful candidate will work closely each day with a variety of people from judiciary, the legal profession as well as the general public.
The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, remaining calm at all times and be able to multi task and adapt to change very quickly as the business needs change.
Some keyboard skills and knowledge of e-mail, Excel and Word would be beneficial.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Candidates should download the application pack from http://www.justice.gov.uk/jobs/