Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions tell you how the Care Quality Commission (CQC) website is managed and how you are protected when you are using our site.
If you do not agree with these terms, then you should leave the site immediately.
Using our site
The CQC website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of our Terms and Conditions, which take effect from the date of first use.
The CQC website and material relating to the Care Quality Commission, information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, or reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the CQC website.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
CQC linking policy
Links from your website to the CQC website
You are welcome to link to the CQC website. However, please ensure you comply with the following conditions:
You must not imply in any way that the Care Quality Commission endorses your organisation.
You may not use the Care Quality Commission logo without written agreement from us.
It is your responsibility to ensure deep-links to the CQC website are kept updated. We will not notify you if we move content.
Links from the CQC website to your website
1. Listing and linking of external websites should not be taken as endorsement of any kind.
2. External websites must have a clear aim, be highly relevant to the CQC audience and must, in the CQC's opinion, contain quality content.
3. Links must be directly relevant to specific sections or pages of the CQC website.
4. Sites for which there are grounds for doubting the accuracy of the content will be excluded. A site may be excluded if the professional reputation of the site owner is unknown and/or there are grounds for doubting the accuracy of the content or suspecting critical bias.
5. Sites that push particular agenda or interests that might run counter to government policy or main messages will be excluded.
6. At this time, CQC only links to organisations that fit the following criteria:
Government and public sector agency sites - ie departments or non-departmental government bodies
Sites that have some connection with government or established authority - eg BBC, Stationery Office
Selected voluntary bodies and charities with advocacy functions of national importance
Selected trade, professional associations and unions
7.Private sector sites that promote company products or services will not normally be included.
8. CQC reserves the right to refuse or include links to any website.
9. Although we will endeavour to maintain links to other websites, we cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability or reliability of linked pages.