The ICT notes provide suggested learning objectives, starting ideas for activities and key questions to go with the ICT resources for Units 1 and 3. They should be used together with the guidance sheets available for many of the spreadsheet and ITP resources.
Use these notes for support when planning a unit. They can be used as starting points and can be developed into longer tasks. They can also provide discussion points in staff development time as many of the resources can be adapted and used to support different groups of children.
Video tutorials to support the use of many of the ITPs can be found on the Primary National Strategy publication Keys to learning in literacy and mathematics Reference 00225-2006PCK-EN.
There are currently notes available to support Units 1 and 3 for each Block. The notes for Unit 2 will be added over time.
In this section
- Designing opportunities for learning (planning)
- Developing language and reasoning through guided group work in mathematics
- How to secure APP judgements
- Involving parents and carers
- Leading and Managing Assessing Pupils Progress (APP) - Introduction
- Links between APP, the Primary Framework and the National Curriculum
- Making judgements in APP
- Primary Framework Library: Mathematics planning documents and resources
- Underperforming groups
- Using and applying mathematics
- Year 1 Block A Counting, partitioning and calculating
- Year 1 Block B Securing number facts, understanding shape
- Year 1 Block C Handling data and measures
- Year 1 Block D Calculating, measuring and understanding shape
- Year 1 Block E Securing number facts, relationships and calculating
- Years 2, 3 and 4 mathematics assessment