London 2012/COI shortlist agencies for Olympic bid campaign
14 October 2003
London 2012 - the company established to bid for the 2012 Olympic Games - will see four agency teams pitch for a new campaign to help build and maintain public support for London's bid.
Agencies from COI Communications' creative and strategic media planning rosters will work together. The shortlisted agency teams are:
- M&C Saatchi and Unity
- Delaney Lund Knox Warren and Naked
- Leo Burnett and MGOMD
- WCRS and PHD
David Magliano, Director of Marketing, London 2012 said:
"As well as creating a powerful and distinctive vision for a London 2012 Olympic Games, the campaign will encourage public support by communicating the great benefits to London."
- London 2012 has three stakeholders: Department of Culture, Media & Sport, Greater London Authority and the British Olympic Association.
- The winning city will be announced in July 2005 and will be chosen by the International Olympic Committee.
- There are currently nine cities vying for the 2012 Games: London, Paris, New York, Madrid, Leipzig, Moscow, Istanbul, Rio de Janeiro and Havana.
- Updates on all aspects of the bid can be found on London 2012's website, www.london2012.org.uk
Notes for editors
For press enquiries, please contact Tracey Cobbett 020 7261 8763