FSCS seeks creative agency for awareness raising campaign
26 November 2009
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is looking for a creative agency to develop an awareness-raising campaign.
The Central Office of Information (COI) has invited the following three agencies to pitch:
- Leo Burnett
- McCann Erickson Manchester
Pitches will take place early in the New Year.
For press enquiries, please contact Katrina Whenham on 0207 261 8915.
Notes to editors
- The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK’s statutory fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms. This means that the FSCS can pay compensation if a firm is unable, or is likely to be unable, to pay claims against it.
- FSCS is an independent body set up under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). The service is free to consumers.
- In 2008, compensation was paid to protect the holders of 3.5million bank accounts. And in the six months from the end of September 2008, the FSCS paid out more than £21bn.
- The FSCS covers investments, deposits, insurance, home finance advice and arranging (from 31 October 2004), and advice about general insurance and the arranging of policies (from 14 January 2005).