COI Sponsorship roster reviewed
15 August 2005
The Central Office of Information is set to change its roster of sponsorship agencies and create two separate rosters.
An increase in partnership marketing activity means that, for the first time, partnership marketing will be split from the sponsorship roster.
Daphne De Souza, Head of Sponsorship says the change is needed to meet requirements:
"The industry is changing and we need to keep abreast of those changes. Sponsorship can take many different forms and we are keen to reflect this in our rosters.
"Demands of government departments have evolved, therefore, we need to take a flexible approach to our roster structure. By splitting it into two categories we will be in a better position to offer more defined, value-added services."
Agencies applying to the roster will be judged on the ability to understand issues, provide and sustain the required levels of service, quality and value.
The roster will be advertised in the Official Journal of the European Union on 16 August. The review is expected to be complete by April 2006.
To request a partnership marketing application pack email: firstname.lastname@example.org or for queries email: email@example.com The deadline for requesting applications is 22 September and the deadline for receipt of applications is 29 September.
To request a sponsorship application pack email: firstname.lastname@example.org or for queries email: email@example.com The deadline for requesting applications is 22 September and the deadline for receipt of applications is 29 September.
- Ends -
For press enquiries please contact: Kate Tonge 020 7261 8306.
Notes to editors:
Included in the Sponsorship Roster will be the following services:
- Sponsorship consultancy and strategy development - Including undertaking planning, implementation and evaluation, sponsorship programme creation, sponsorship property identification and contractual negotiation.
- TV Sponsorship - Identifying, negotiating, securing delivery and evaluating the outcome of broadcast sponsorships and undertaking advertiser funded programming.
- Radio Sponsorship - Identifying, negotiating, securing delivery and evaluating the outcome of radio sponsorships and promotions and undertaking advertiser funded radio programming.
- Press Sponsorship - Identifying, negotiating, securing delivery and evaluation of press sponsorships and promotions.
- Digital Sponsorship - Identifying, securing delivery and evaluation of sponsored/branded content within www, mobile, iTV or gaming.
The Partnership Marketing Roster will include: Development and delivery of government messages via partnerships with private, public and voluntary sector organisations, utilising the partnersí full range of marketing communications channels. Provision of proactive partner identification services, recruitment, negotiation, development of bespoke partner activity, securing and implementation of activity.