The group has a regular cycle of quarterly meetings and is chaired by the Deputy Chief Executive of North Lincolnshire Council. In order to ensure linkages between the local and regional level, the Regional Resilience Director for Government Office for Yorkshire and The Humber, Nick Best, who chairs the Regional Resilience Forum, sits on the Humber Emergency Planning Strategy Group.
- In addition, the Humber Emergency Planning Strategy Group is represented on the Regional Resilience Forum by the Chief Executive, East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
The core membership is as follows:
- Deputy Chief Executive, North Lincolnshire Council (Chair)
- Chief Executive, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Chief Executive, Kingston-upon-Hull City Council
- Chief Executive, North East Lincolnshire Council
- Consultant in Communicable Disease Control, Humber Health Protection Unit
- Environment Manager, Environment Agency
- Area Operations Manager, Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Consultant in Communicable Disease Control, Humber North Bank Health Protection Unit
- Chief Executive, Lincolnshire Ambulance Service
- Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
- Assistant Chief Constable, Humberside Police
- Lieutenant Colonel, 15 (NE) Brigade
- Director Regional Resilience & Corporate Services, Government Office for Yorkshire and The Humber
- Chief Executive, East Hull Primary Care Trust
- Chief Executive, Tees East and North Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Regional Health Emergency Planning Adviser, Health Protection Agency
In the Humber sub-region a unique level of co-operation between local authorities saw the formation of the Humber Emergency Planning Service- a jointly funded body covering four autonomous local authority areas. The Humber Emergency Planning Service covers the following local authority areas: East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Kingston-upon-Hull City Council, North East Lincolnshire Council, North Lincolnshire Council.