Purpose of the Job:
- To satisfactorily deliver the objectives set out in the Enabling
Agreement by the UK Border Agency (UKBA), in partnership with those
involved in the provision of services and support which relate to
- To facilitate the co-ordination and development of the South East
Strategic Partnership on Migration (SESPM) and to facilitate and develop
its associated strategies and the linking up of relevant agencies and
- To advise Members of the Executive Steering Group on the working of
SESPM and partnership working.
- To manage and evaluate partnership working, governance and community
- To manage effectively the staff and budgets of SESPM in order to meet
its service and financial objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain partnerships with Stakeholders to maximise
support for service users in the Region and to establish regional networks
and communications which deliver the Enabling Grant requirements.
- To lead on the development of initiatives in respect of the long term
settlement of asylum seekers, and refugees, supporting such initiatives
through identification, application and co-ordination of funding sources.
- To provide a balanced view of the benefits and challenges of migration
in the Region.
- To provide advice on the issues of Migrants, Refugees and asylum
seekers to partners in the Region.
- To liaise with the Chair and Steering Board on all issues relating to
the SESPM including:
- Proposals/recommendations for the vision and continuous
improvement of SESPM, particularly in response to Government
legislation and guidance.
- Advise on opportunities/proposals to strengthen the governance,
relationships and working of the SESPM in keeping with best
- To establish and maintain SESPM structures and Chair Task and/or
Working Groups as required and to manage and co-ordinate the development of
the SESPM, including its direction, plan, membership, governance and
performance/impact and to liaise with all sub groups.
- To manage and develop effective engagement strategies and mechanisms
for SESPM, working closely with the Executive Steering Board and
partner leads and to participate in relevant key strategy development
(including responding to new national policy changes) across the South East
- To identify opportunities for innovative partnership working and
project interventions to improve service delivery and choice.
- To develop, manage, review and evaluate partnership governance
- To report to the Executive Steering Board and brief them on all
partnership matters relevant to the responsibilities of the post holder.
- To represent and advocate for the needs of the SESPM at external
events/meetings and conferences at a high level, including
regional/national, specifically to participate in the national networks as
required by UKBA, SESPM, and LGA to support national policy development and
- To co-ordinate the effective operations of the SESPM including the
effective management of resources.