'Every Child Matters - Change for Children' set out a national framework of change, to be led by local authorities and their partners, to improve life for children and young people. Government Offices (GOs) play a key role in delivering and developing the policies which will achieve this.
More information on the national picture
The Children and Learners Division (CLD) a GOL ensures that the needs of
children and young people are reflected in local and regional priorities.
CLD works with individual local authorities and partners on a regional
basis across London. The division’s Young London Matters
website provides news, events and opportunities for those
working in the sector.
- GOL’s targeting of support has meant Healthy Schools in London
exceeded the national target.
- GOL has supported London’s PCTs on the You’re Welcome
standard for accessible and user friendly health services.
- GOL and London Councils have developed a joint safeguarding support
- GOL is delivering a London recruitment and accreditation programme for
chairs and authors of Serious Case Reviews (SCRs).
- GOL’s support to London’s sector led mobility programme
included developing and implementing four cross agency cross authority
- GOL has engaged 30 Pupil Referral Units (PRUs) across London to work
with on the Safer Schools programme.