Our objectives are to:
- Reduce the impact of our activities on the environment through control
of our activities, our procurement procedures and our resource
use and management of waste.
- Achieve continual improvement in environmental performance.
- Raise awareness of our environmental objectives both externally and
internally via Green Travel and Green Day events; staff updates via
intranet and Lateral Thinking; GOYH News.
As part of this we are working to:
- Continually improve the quality and robustness of performance reporting
and identify further areas where environmental performance assessment is
- Continually develop formal mechanisms as part of annual review process
for reviewing and amending key issues and priorities for environmental
The main Senior Management Team member with specific responsibility for
environmental issues is David Fraser (Deputy Regional Director for
Environment and Corporate Affairs).
Business in the Community Yorkshire and the Humber Environment
Every year GOYH participates in the above index which is a voluntary,
business-led benchmark of environmental engagement and ranks the regions
companies, universities and public sector organisations on the basis of
both environmental management and performance criteria. The GOYH
submissions and feedback for each year's index from 2005 will appear on
this page (see related documents below).