The level of young people not in education, employment or training has remained consistently around the 10 per cent level since the 1990's, even with large investments from government. This study will look at what sources of funding are available for the NEET agenda, how funding is being used and what outcomes are being achieved.
The study team completed fieldwork in December 2009 and are currently analysing the findings. During fieldwork the study team used a range of data collection methods:
- Site visits to ten local areas across the country;
- Focus groups with the voluntary and community sector;
- Focus groups with both public sector and private sector employers;
- Mapping of funding sources available for working with young people NEET;
- Updating a model of the long term cost of being NEET.
We will report the study findings in Summer 2010. For more information on this study please download the attached flyer.
Get in touch
As with all our national studies, we are keen to learn from practitioners. To share your good practice examples please email the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to receive a copy of the report when published, please send an e-mail with your name and the subject line 'report request.' If you would prefer to receive a hard copy please also include your mailing address.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to all examples received.