In this section:
Need to speak to somebody now?
- Get free, confidential legal advice
Call 0845 345 4 345
- Mon - Fri 9am - 8:00pm
- Sat 9am - 12:30pm
- Calls from 4p/min - or get us to call you back
Find a legal adviser in your area
Your rights when receiving healthcare privately - when you pay for health care yourself or through medical insurance schemes, instead of getting it under the NHS.
Sorry, we haven't found any results for your search. Try one of the following options:
- Try browsing through our topics for related information from our site and other sites.
- Looking for an adviser near you? Try using our directory.
- Still haven't found what you're looking for? Our helpline is open from 9am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday. Call us on 0845 345 4 345, or ask us to call you instead.
Our top picks
Being detained in hospital under the Mental Health Act 1983 can be a frightening and confusing experience. Learn about your rights if you or someone you know is detained under the admission procedure commonly known as 'sectioning'.
If you or someone you know or look after finds it difficult to manage day-to-day living, you may be able to get help in the form of community care. Find out more.
Your legal position if social services are concerned about your child's welfare and are considering care proceedings
If you have had medical treatment that went wrong or didn't work properly, you may be able to get compensation for your injuries. Find out more.
Need advice now?
Call 0845 345 4 345 for free, confidential and impartial advice, or ask us to call or email you back.