This area of the CLIP website is dedicated to information about the census.
The CLIP Census Statistics Sub-group provides a forum for central and local government to discuss the census, including looking at practical aspects of running the census, designing outputs and dissemination, considering ways in which other statistics may be integrated with census output to enhance the use of the census, considering technical aspects of using the census and looking at ways of promoting and monitoring the use of census statistics.
The most recent meeting of the Sub Group was held on 07 May 2008 at the GLA, Committee Room 5, Lower Ground Floor , City Hall, The Queen's Walk, London, starting at 14.15pm. The agenda for the day covered a number of issues relating to the planning of the 2011 Census, such as:
- 2007 Census Test: Evaluation Report
- Highlight report
- Questionnaire Development
- Ethnicity Question Update
- 2009 Census Rehearsal plans
- Update on Design of OAs/SOAs for 2011
- Address Register Development
- Output User Consultation
- Coverage Assessment and Adjustment methodology
- LA engagement /appointment of regional champions
Census planned for 27 March 2011
27 March 2011 has been chosen as the planned date of the next Census in England and Wales. A rehearsal for the 2011 Census will be carried out in 2009, and three rehearsal areas have also been announced by the Office for National Statistics ONS.