Launched in June 2006, Supply2.gov.uk is the only official government lower-value contract opportunity portal, created specifically to provide small businesses with visibility of public sector contract opportunities typically below £100,000.
The portal is the first major initiative to unite buyers and suppliers in a single location, making it easier for business and government to work together. Since its launch, Supply2.gov.uk has provided small businesses throughout the UK with visibility of in excess of 160,000 contract opportunities nationwide.
Supply2.gov.uk is FREE for public sector buyers to advertise lower-value contract notices and FREE for private sector suppliers to access UK-wide lower-value contracts via the Online Contract Search. Suppliers can additionally benefit from the Contract Alert service in a free location of their choice.
The Supply2.gov.uk Contract Alert is an annual subscription-based service which provides quick, hassle-free notification of new contract opportunities via a Daily Email Alert – delivered each working day, directly to your inbox.
Once registered, upgrade to receive contract alerts in a wider geographic area – saving you vital time searching online for contract opportunities. Subscriptions start from £70 per annum.
Register Now for FREE
Objectives of the portal
- To be seen by public sector buyers and suppliers as the 'first portal of call' for those advertising or seeking below-threshold public sector contract opportunities, typically worth under £100,000.
- To provide an easy-to-use portal uniting buyers and suppliers in a single location.
- To open up the lower-value public sector contract opportunities market to as wide a range of businesses as possible.
- To enable businesses, particularly small ones, to access central and local government's below-threshold (sub-OJEU) contract opportunities, typically worth under £100,000.
- To provide public sector buyers the opportunity to identify a wider range of potential suppliers more easily, both locally and nationally.
Created by government to unite buyers and suppliers on the route to success
The Supply2.gov.uk contract opportunities portal was created by The Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) in order to centralise the advertisement of lower-value contract opportunities, with the objective of providing small businesses with access to government opportunities which can provide their business with the stability it needs to thrive and grow.
Supply2.gov.uk is recognised by both business and government as a useful and effective tool providing a route to help small business sell to the public sector. The portal is also cited as a best practice means of advertising lower-value contract opportunities by HM Treasury and the European Commission.