You can contact us via post, phone or email with your query.
You can also find out if your query has already been answered.
For information on any aspect of Defra's work, please contact the Defra Helpline:
- Telephone: 08459 33 55 77
- Email: email@example.com
Helpline staff can answer many of the questions put to them; however, if they are unable to answer an enquiry themselves, they will connect callers to other Defra staff who can deal with enquiries on specialist issues.
- Calls can cost up to 5p per minute for BT users. Calls made using other service providers or mobiles may cost more.
- The Helpline is available for telephone between 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Please be aware Quarantine, Whole Farm Approach and Defra Publications options from the Defra helpline are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- The Helpline can experience high volumes of calls at peak times so we appreciate your patience if your call cannot be answered immediately.
- From outside the UK: +44 (0) 20 7238 6951
- Minicom/textphone for the deaf and hard of hearing: 0845 300 1998
- Please address faxes to the Customer Contact Unit.
- Fax: 020 7238 2188
- From outside the UK: +44 (0) 20 7238 2188
Please send general postal enquiries to:
Customer Contact Unit
30 - 34 Albert Embankment
Contacting Defra's Ministers
The postal address for contacting all Defra's Ministers is:
17 Smith Square
London SW1P 3JR
Emails can be sent to Ministers via the Defra Helpline: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical queries or problems related to our website, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Please note - this address should not be used for general queries about the work of the Department - these will simply be forwarded to the Defra Helpline (see above) and your query may be delayed as a result.
Page last modified: 28 October 2009
Page published: 11 May 2004