Our corporate governance arrangements are intended to ensure we achieve our objectives and operate in an effective, efficient and ethical way. They determine our rules and procedures for making decisions on corporate issues, and also allow us to monitor performance.
The Management Board provides our corporate strategic leadership. This involves setting the Department's corporate strategy and allocating resources, agreeing business plans and monitoring performance, enhancing Departmental capability and setting standards, values and controls.
The Board is chaired by the Permanent Secretary and currently meets on a weekly basis. Membership consists of the Directors General of the Department's four Groups, Directors from other key areas, plus two non-executive directors.
Management Board membership
- Moira Wallace – Permanent Secretary, Management Board Chair
- Will Cavendish – Director General, Energy & Climate Change International
- Edmund Hosker – Director General (acting), Corporate Support & Shared Services
- Simon Virley – Director General, Energy Markets & Infrastructure
- Phil Wynn Owen – Director General, National Climate Change & Consumer Support
- Vanessa Howlison – Director, Finance
- Ravi Gurumurthy – Director, Strategy
- Andrew Lawrence - Director, Capability Review
- Paddy Feeny – Director, Communications
- Alison Rumsey – Director, Human Resources & Capability
- Professor David Mackay - Chief Scientific Advisor
The Non-Executive Members of the Management Board are:
- Richard Reed
- Rob Whiteman
Business Expenses & Hospitality
The Management Board Business Expenses and Hospitality will be published here on a quarterly basis:
The DECC annual report & resource accounts 2008-2009 was published in July 2009.
The DECC autumn performance report 2009 was published in January 2010.