SEO Test and Assurance Manager
Summary Information for vacancy - reference PROG6198
Identity and Passport Service (IPS)
Salary dependant on location - £38,232 - £43965 for London /
City of Westminster, Greater London, London
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, East of England
19 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Working within one of the key Programmes that make up the National Identity Service (NIS), you will be responsible for managing the test and test assurance activity relating to a given release or releases of the solution.
- Undertake detailed analysis and assurance of test and acceptance requirements.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders to ensure that test elements and outcomes are consistent with their documented requirements.
- Work with architects, planners and technical leads to ensure that test and acceptance requirements accommodate Scheme / programme / external interdependences.
- Assist with the production of or assurance of test plans, outputs and test management reports.
- Carry out review of suppliers’ documentation including test strategies, test plans, test scripts and project management documentation plus where appropriate witness key supplier test activities
- Reviewing and monitoring each phase of testing as specified.
- Identifying, reporting upon and resolving major risks and issues to testing of the scheme
- Assist the Test Lead to devise appropriate Test and Test Assurance Strategies.
Note: An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skill, competence and training
1. Experience of successful test execution / management within complex IT programmes
2. Testing: Level 4 (from the SFIA framework)
Defines and creates test cases from analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability). Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards. Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues. Produces reports on system quality and metrics on test cases.
3. Business Process Testing: Level 5 (derived from the SFIA framework)
Designs and manages tests of new and updated procedures. Understands whole lifecycle testing (e.g. using a model office concept). Manages the selection/creation of the relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions. Ensures that tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions.
• Experience of working within a matrix managed environment.
• Knowledge and exposure to OGC or equivalent governance processes.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
If you are currently a civil servant, please apply for the role via the following link:
If you are not currently a civil servant, please apply for the role via the following link: