This study set out to collect robust data on the prevalence and relative risk of disabled drivers, including those who drive adapted vehicles, as well as their relative experiences. Analysis and comparison of these data created a number of statistics relating to disabled drivers and their vehicles.
- 28 January 2008
A summary of the above report.
- 28 January 2008
The following content is available from the Department for Transport web archive .
- Disabled drivers' braking ability (PDF - 879 KB)
- The effects of steering adaptations on vehicle control (PDF - 3072 KB)
- Exploring the risk of injury through using additional cushions on car seats (PDF - 7168 KB)
- Inter-rater reliability of the stroke drivers screening assessment (PDF - 278 KB)
- Investigation into musculo-skeletal damage from vehicle control adaptations (PDF - 1024 KB)
- Returning to driving following head injury or amputation: survey of drivers (PDF - 394 KB)
- A survey of users of the stroke drivers screening assessment (PDF - 230 KB)
- The validity and reliability of the stroke drivers screening assessment (PDF - 1024 KB)
Help accessing downloadable file formats
Most publications are available in portable document format (PDF) or rich text format (RTF) for downloading and reading offline. PDF files may only be compatible with the latest version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader .
People with visual difficulties may find it useful to learn about improving the accessibility of Acrobat documents at the Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre .
For information about RTF and zip files please visit help with downloads.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
For related documents, pages and internet links, see the column on the right.