Publications Publications and Publicity
The Vigilance programme is a £4.4m package of support to ensure local areas have the necessary tools, training and plans in place to tackle crimes of burglary and robbery before they become entrenched. That includes a crackdown on known offenders, particularly offenders released from short term prison sentences, pre-emptive support, training and additional resources. The 35 participating areas are those that have started to see rises in these crimes over the last 12 months. The monthly e-update will keep you informed about the programme, and help exchange and share good practice.
Download the latest issue of Vigilance (February 2010) PDF 225Kb
Community Safety e-Update
The Community Safety eUpdate has been designed in response to feedback from crime reduction and community safety practitioners. Coming straight from the Home Office to your PC, it offers information in a succinct and easy to read format.
- Community Safety eUpdate 1: December 2008
- Community Safety eUpdate 2: January 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 3: March 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 4: April 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 5: May 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 6: June 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 7: July 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 8: August 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 9: September 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 9: October 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 10:November 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 11: December 2009
- Community Safety eUpdate 12: January 2010
- Community Safety eUpdate 13: February 2010
- Community Safety eUpdate 14: Special edition
ACPO SBD Focus Newsletter
Secured by Design is the UK Police flagship initiative supporting the principles of 'designing out crime' by use of effective crime prevention and security standards for a range of applications. It supports one of the Government’s key planning objectives - the creation of secure, quality places where people wish to live and work.
SbD Focus is produced by ACPO Crime Prevention Initiatives Limited to inform organisations about news and developments in Secured by Design, ACPO CPI Ltd. and related issues. In addition to direct mail circulation and web download, it is available from police Architectural Liaison Officers
Crime Reduction Centre Digest
The Digest was produced quarterly in January, April, July and October by the Crime Reduction Centre Information Services Team and was issued to Crime Reduction/Community Safety Practitioners nationwide.
The Digest communicated information on schemes and initiatives on crime reduction/prevention to its main target audiences including: Chief Constables, Force Crime Prevention Officers, Local Authority Community Safety Officers, National Community Safety Network members and miscellaneous readers, such as voluntary organisations, government officials, and related bodies.
The last edition of the Digest was published in April 2005.The Crime Reduction Centre closed in July 2005
Last update: Wednesday, March 31, 2010